Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pasta Purgatory

I’m the queen of making the same damn mistakes. I always forget to salt the water while it’s boiling before I add the pasta. I’m very impatient while waiting for the onions to caramelize in the olive oil-butter bath before adding the protein. And so usually my pasta is, well, okay. It has good flavor and worse case scenario, I will douse the angel hair or penne with Parmigiano-Reggiano and all will be right in the world. But I want to get it right. Know what I mean? I want the pasta to be perfectly al dente like Rachael Ray’s. I want the garlic and onion to be perfectly caramelized. I want perfection. Perfection is accessible and yet, we settle on the lap of mediocrity, surrendering to that lesser existence, that lesser pasta.

1 comment:

  1. The pasta in your dish is the same pasta that "WENDY'S" uses in their new side of mac and cheese. It is amazing! You can never be too sure about ingredients at fast food restaurants, but the cheese in this pasta is fab. It is not too salty. I love it. The quarter cup is pricey at $2.29. Try it and let me know what you think...On a cold day (or comfort food day ) it is great with cup of chili and a backed sweet potato.

    ReplyDelete