Saturday, November 5, 2011

In The Whole: Ghetto or Organic?

The cooked food buffet at the Aventura Whole Foods is ghetto. Have you seen the chicken wings swimming in grease? Even Wing Stop has its limits. All you see now is a sea of dried out rice and beans, pastas covered in cheesy pimples, and oily vegetarian dishes with cultures like India and Thailand haphazardly tagged to them. Is this stuff really organic or even all-natural? I bought a vegan blueberry muffin and the oil soaked through the paper bag. I hate to sound like such a sour puss, but if I'm going to spend $1.79 for a vegan muffin, I want some illusion of good nutrition. Nowadays, I stick with the simple delicacies. I had a long, perilous affair with the vegan chocolate chip cookie, not the dull-colored chunkie one, but the dark, crumbly one. I used to fantasize this beast of a cookie that was so rich and yummy, I often wondered if I was better off eating Oreoes? I loved dunking pieces in Blue Diamond Vanilla Almond Milk while watching some pointless Lifetime TV Network drama about a woman who's sleeping with her best friend's father's brother's son who's a murderer and a psychic. Have you had the vegan chocolate chip cookies?

11 comments:

  1. I have not had them. Are they really good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby will be doing tummy-downward dogs when he or she gets a taste of this cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sucks about your bad experience at the Aventura Whole Foods. I will definitely take a second look next time I am shopping at Whole Foods so as not to spend my money in something that is supposedly "healthy." Thanks Dink! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. Greasy wings? Come on. But try the cookie. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookies look tasty. I don't eat chocolate, but I'll give this cookie a try. I must say that $1.79 for a cookie is pricey, so it better be worth it! Do you cook as well? You know so much about food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I am an average cook. I'm surrounded by AMAZING cooks/chefs through family and friends. I'm pretty spoiled lol But I'm working on it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vegan chocolate chip cookies are the devil. The delicious, delicious devil...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, I believe it all depends on the area when it comes to food Markets, retail; etc. So far, the one on University Drive and Peters Road is pretty good from a personal experience.

    In your blog, I love the part when you were talking about LMN. Sounds like the typical movie they would play on there. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right the one on Peters Rd. is far less-greasy lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cookies. I am going to try them asap. I am going to buy some for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete